Round Table Santa Grotto Saffron Walden
Santa’s Elves Cause a Storm in Market Square
The Saffron Walden Round Table would like to thank the local community for their support at the Santa’s Grotto that took place on 2nd and 3rd December in the Town Hall. The Round Table hope to be able to build on their efforts in 2017 and create an even better experience for all!
Building on the previous work of the Saffron Initiative and the Town Team, the Town Council this year decided to create the Walden Winter Wonderland Weekend. As part of this the Saffron Walden Round Table were invited to run a Santa’s Grotto. Stephen Woodard Chairman said, ‘the Round Table were very proud to be asked to be a part of the Winter Wonderland Weekend. All of the guys had a great time dressing up as elves and ensuring as many children as possible got to see Father Christmas.’
The Round Table are looking forward to guiding the Santa Sleigh around town this Sunday 11th (south town route) and next Sunday 18th (north town route) December. Further information, an interactive map, and live tracking can be found on our santa’s sleigh page.
Mike Barrett organiser of the Santa’s Grotto said, ‘I am very grateful to all of the parents who brought their children along to see Father Christmas. It was a fantastic experience to see the magic and joy that a trip to Father Christmas brought to the hundreds of children who passed through the grotto this weekend. There was not a member of the Round Table who did not enjoy being a part of the towns Christmas celebrations. The Round Table have learnt a lot from this event (as it is the first time we have organised this type of event) and we hope to build on it next year to make it even better.’
The Round Table raised £300 from the Santa’s Grotto. The funds raised for all Round Table events are then donated to worthy causes & projects. The Round Table welcome people to apply for funds either by filling in the donation request form.
The Round Table would be delighted if you could share your photographs with us online on our Facebook page @SaffronWaldenRT.
If you know someone who may deserve an extra gift this Christmas, then they may be able to help! The Round Table deliver Christmas food parcels to variety of residents, who simply benefit from this gesture. However, they need your help! Please email email@example.com with any nominations for a Christmas food parcel (please tell us the reason, name and address).
If you are male and aged 18-45 and would like to join the Round Table then please get in touch either through Facebook or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and Conditions
- Santa Grotto Saffron Walden is being run by the Saffron Walden Round Table, proceeds from this event will go into the charitable fund of the saffron walden round table (a registered charity). We welcome donation requests from our local community. Please see our donation requests page for further information.
- Price includes seeing santa and a small gift.
- All e-tickets will be emailed by way of a single, unique barcode covering all tickets purchased; this receipt acts as your entry ticket and MUST be printed out and presented to the elves in the town hall, allowing you to advance forward in the queue.
- The e-ticket voucher will be checked and collected by ticketing staff.
- Saffron Walden Round Table operate a ZERO RETURNS policy on all pre-sales tickets, including online e-tickets.
- Your personal details will NOT be passed on to, or used by, any third party organisations.
- Saffron Walden Round Table reserve the right to refuse entry at the gate if a valid e-ticket is not shown.
- Should you present an e-ticket which has already been scanned from our database (ie. it’s been duplicated) you will be refused entry.
- If you experience any problems purchasing e-tickets please contact us at email@example.com with the full details.